Sunday, August 31, 2008

from Provo to Irvine - We did it!

We were lucky enough to have Jared's mom Patti documenting our move, now we have all these fun pictures! There are even more, but I just picked a few for the blog. If you're friends with Patti on facebook you can see them all. Again just a big THANK YOU to all who helped. We could never have done it with out you. Some of you are pictured, some are not but you are all awesome!yeah, honey, is all our stuff really going to fit in this thing?
Trying to find something to eat the afternoon before the move.
Stuff to load, divided into groups according to how heavy they were, thanks to Jared.
Getting it all in there, Christijan, Jared and Todd, we know you are back there somewhere!
Russ and Wes
My little bro Jonathan taking a break on the love sac, we weren't sure the whole time if we were going to fit this thing.
Jonathan did a lot of work, he didn't just lay on the love sac the whole time.
Our two little sisters!
Me and my one box, it's funny how i automatically went into "dancer hand" position here
Niece and nephew and brother Joel enjoying donuts, and Betsy, is that you coming up the stairs?
Meri, sacrificed her life to clean the outside of the window, we better not get charged for not having clean windows!
thanks all the ladies who helped clean! Betty, Betsy, Bethany, Tara and Patti who is taking the pic!
the marvelous Mack family! Don't their kids have great hair?
All loaded up and ready! The Packs graciously took our drafting table and air conditioner. They are one of two families who have been in the ward as long as we had.
We spent Friday night at my moms and then pulled away early Saturday morning. Mom, this is proof that i was trying to wave to you!
We made it to Irvine that evening and had smiling faces and strong arms to greet us! Jared's dad going up the stairs to our front door.
Jared's friend Ben graciously brought a dolly. Our apartment is a little ways from the parking lot so it was very helpful.
Jared's bro Chase and I in passing. I love my shark shirt!
The parking lot by our new place. We just fit all this stuff in and now we've got to take it all out!
We did fit the love sac in the truck, now it was just a matter of getting it up the stairs to our front door!
That thing can fit anywhere.
New Kitchen, it looks much better than this now . . .trust me, I'll have to post a new pic to prove it.
Family Room and dining Room. Our friend Sarah Anderson, her husband Chase is Jared's old friend and also helped us unpack. They have a little boy Zack who Jared's dad is holding and a little girl due in a couple weeks!

whew! we did it! Now we've been here a week and it is slowly starting to feel homey. We went to our new ward today (last week we only went to sacrament meeting and we found out it was the wrong ward). It was good, it is huge! There are 250 people in Relief Society alone! Lots of students it seems, but also a good mix of other types of people too, it has YW and YM. There is actually a girl I went to high school with who just moved down here too, it is a small world.

Good luck everyone at BYU this week! We are still cheering on the Cougs! Also good luck especially to my little sis Annie who is just starting her freshman year and is living in Hinckley Hall, the floor just above where I lived!

7 comments:

Ben said...

I think Shaunie very much wants to join you two down in Irvine next year...it would be very hard to pass up. Suerte con todo.

Lisa said...

Man, I was having flashbacks--isn't it nice to be done with moving??? I can't wait to see pictures of the new apartment!!

P.S. John said he saw some boxes from Target and he was wondering where you got them? Just wondering :)

Jean said...

Hooray, you made it!! Yahoo for all the moving help, seriously. That's a huge ward! I'm sure it'll be lots of fun. Glad to have you in the area finally!! :-)

Unknown said...

What an adventure!

hilary w said...

I'm so glad you made it to CA and the move went smoothly. I can't wait to see pictures of the (finished) apartment!

Whitney said...

Emily and Jared!!
I cannot believe that we did not get to play one last time before you left! That is my fault...remember how I was going to get everyone together for lunch? oops! I am so glad you made it safe. Moving is such a big ordeal! I think my favorite pic was the dancer hand...I laughed out loud...but only because I have done and seen the same thing! Love it!

Mallory said...

EMILY! I'm way ahead of you, have read your blog and linked your blog to mine. I made a comment on another post you did where you are wearing your shark shirt at the zoo..so appropriate and you know I love the shark shirt!! You are my hero, seeing those pictures of moving out of Wymount gives me hope that I can successfully pack all of our stuff into boxes. Have you found a job yet?