Thursday, July 10, 2008

ReAl Salt Lake and the Zoo!!

The last week of June my brother Joel got free tickets to see Salt Lake's soccer team - Real Salt Lake. It was a blast! I seriously love soccer and haven't been to a game probably since Jonathan was in high school - the Wright family sport! (now that i think about Jared was on an intramural team two years ago)
I went with my sister Becky and her 3 kids to the Hogle Zoo the first week of July - I love the Zoo! I know Utah's isn't the most fancy or whatever but I love it! Especially with the kids.
Eliza and Julia on the new Carousel! Eliza's smile is so cute - Becky found out that night that she had a coin stuck in her throat, but here she is smiling anyway!
Love the Giraffes
The baby Giraffe - 6 months old I think and already very tall.
I love how close you can get to them.
The gorilla was picking his scabs on his hands - kind of gross but so human-like.
The White Alligator was my favorite part! It's not an albino, it's just a genetic thing. It has blue eyes!
more white alligator.
baby alligators!
We saw the elephant show, the trainer is checking it's mouth and teeth.

Thank you everyone for your moving advice on my last post!! I really appreciate it. Keep it coming if you think of anything else.

Also just want to put another plug in for the Song of the Week in my sidebar - I really update it every week!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

soooo.... are you a brunette now, or is that the lighting?

And, um, "coin stuck in her throat"... what the random?!

The Coles said...

I love your pictures! I love the zoo! Sorry my weekend in Provo was a little crazy. BUt I'm coming in about 2 weeks again. So I'll for sure call you then. How are things going for you? When do you guys start moving? Oh yeah, I love the pictures on facebook btw. WE had some good times together! Love you..

Mallory said...

the shark shirt is my favorite! perfect for a day at the zoo :)