Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Happy 4th of July 2008!

We had a great 4th of July. Really this is my favorite Holiday. Maybe it's because growing up in Provo , it was always a big deal. The hot-air balloons, the parade, family picnic and the Stadium of Fire. When I was a kid we always got together with the neighbors and lit off tons of fireworks in the street. My mom would take us to the fireworks stand about a week before and we all had our own little collection that we got to light off ourselves. I particularly remember this little Chinese house firework that exploded up into a taller house. I think I even kept it for a while after the 4th. We'd always have tank wars too. Too bad fireworks have been banned in Provo the past couple years. I do remember at least two big fires on Y mountain when I was a kid so maybe it's for th e best.

Here we are at the PARADE! Cute nieces - throwing snappies.
Yay Timpview!
Go Cougars!


In the afternoon we had a great lunch at my brother Joel's house with his family and his wife Marisa's family. Here is Jared on their awesome tramp.
Jared is giving my nephew Warren tips on skateboarding.
I think the first time I saw Jared was when he was skateboarding around our apartment complex. His skateboard friend even bought me my own deck for our wedding! Can't say I'm very good though.
It was a great day! Jared got to go to the Stadium of Fire with my sister, niece an d brother. I don't think he appreciated it like all the girls who were there to see Miley - but he had fun.I'm proud to be an American and very thankful for the freedoms we enjoy in this country. I've definitely come to appreciate this more as I've gotten to know the refugee students I taught from Burma and Africa. We really are so blessed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Fourth of July too!

breena rae said...

Utah looks like it is doing well. It was good to see those cougar cheerleaders! I want to see a post for pioneer day too.

Ms. White said...

i dig the beard brother! love you two!