Well, it's funny that only a couple months have gone by since the show ended but I'd kind of forgotten about the top 10 people on American Idol. Maybe it's just because I always get more into So You Think You Can Dance than AI but I did follow it pretty closely this season. Especially because of our local boy David Archuleta! My students were really into it as well. Well my mom, my sister Annie and myself went to the American Idol Concert this past week at the "E" Center - featuring the top 10!So here is the low-down. I was expecting a ton of group numbers but it was completely the opposite. They came out individually in the order that they got kicked off. They each sang three songs, at least one was a memorable song they sang on the show. David A. and David C. got to sing extra songs. One group number at the end. Here is my impression of each, for what it's worth (I am no expert on vocal training).
Chikeezee - Great performer and a great person to open the show. I like his voice, I don't think I would really listen to it outside of the concert, but he was great.
Ramiele - She's cute but just like on the show, not a great voice and awkward on stage.
Michael Johns - Whoa! He totally didn't stand out to me on the show but he was great live. Great entertainer and powerful voice.
Kristy Lee Cook - Cute country singer and does great on stage but as far a s a recording voice I don't think there's anything that really stands out.
Carly - I love how she is a rocker and a sweetheart! She said our temple was beautiful! She 's a great performer and it's hard to tear your eyes away from her, she just has a unique look and commading voice.
Brooke! - yay! Yes part of the reason I love her is because she is LDS but she's just genuine and I love her unique folk singer thing she's got going. I also love her talent of playing the piano and singing.
Jason - Honestly I hardly even remember his performance. I liked him on the show but nothing was really captivating about him on stage. I do love that ukelele version of Over the Rainbow.
Syesha - She's cute and talented but a little over confident in my opinion which kind of turns me off to her. She really could work the crowd though.
David A. - Just like on the show, sweet and kinda has this humble thing going on. I think his voice is unique and he is a great performer, not like in the big entertaining sense but just because I think he genuinely loves what he's doing and the songs he sings.
David C. - I think he's gained some confidence and it's done him a lot of good. Great voice and great on stage. Love the guitar. I'm glad he won. My mom says he'll be a legend. I think that like all Idols, they have to stand the test of time (like still be popular after at least a year)so all we can do is wait and see!
None of my pictures were very good but here is David A. You would not believe how LOUD the crowd got for him! You could tell he loved being in his home state.
7 comments:
Yay I'm so glad that you got to go! I watched American Idol too (nerd confession) :) You know, they always didn't like Syesha, but I really think that she was the most talented singer on the show, it was disappointing. But I'm also glad that David Cook won--he is unique and an awesome singer and I think he could actually go far.
How fun, I loved this season of American Idol. So glad to see you're happy as ever! :)
I'm glad David Cook won too!
Fun! I liked reading your evaluation of each idol. I liked Brooke too because she is our age married and totally the emotional, goody goody Mormon. Fun blog to read!
that's awesome you got to go!!! Thanks for the post- it was sooooo much fun!!!!
I stayed at home and watched a movie. Bummer. I mean really, I am so disappointed. I made up for it, however, by attending Miley Cyrus, right? Right??
i'm glad you reviewed each one, i got way into this season so that was fun to hear how they did in concert. Ok Michael johns was one of our FAVORITES, we couldn't believe it when he got kicked off! so i'm glad you liked him and not surprised, i think he is awesome.
Post a Comment