Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summa Time . . .

and the livin' is easy.

Which I am really still trying to adjust to. I love summer, it is a great benefit of teaching because you get summers off. But it is really weird not to be driving to Salt Lake everyday and to be on my own schedule! I have officially been out of school for just over a week. The last day of school was bittersweet, I will miss my dancers, my co-workers and having my own dance room. I have learned so much teaching at Granite Park and have really grown as a person!
Here are a few shots from the last days of school:
yes, i was getting just a bit sentimental . . .

Katie, Lily and Rosy brought me flowers and showed me a dance they choreographed and dedicated to me . . .it was really sweet. (the locker room was closed so they had to wear their jeans)

This is a few of us teachers waving good-bye on the last day as the buses pulled away, don't even ask what the guy with the megaphone is doing . We're a crazy bunch.


Ok, now for some summer stuff we've been up to:Visiting my sweet new niece, Scarlett Elizabeth Wright!
Fran and Josette's wedding reception. Fran and Jared were in a few Spanish plays together, we are so happy for them.
This was at a couple's shower celebrating Anna-Lisa Halling and Juan Carlos Hermosilla's wedding! They are some more of our BYU/Spanish Play friends. Their wedding is TODAY! My nieces Audrey and Julia, and Audrey's cousin Molly, playing princesses


My one year old niece (today!) Eliza!
My sister Becky threw a shower for my sis-in-law Marisa and baby Scarlett. Here are all of us girls.Last but not least, summer means birds, and we have a couple swallows (Hanzel and Gretel as Jared has named them) that have built a next right outside our door, here are their babies.

5 comments:

Vicky said...

I loved it when the birds would build nests by our door at Wymount, but someone always knocked them down! How sad would that be with those eggs in there! Protect that nest!

Headle said...

What FUN summer pictures!! Its clear you will be sorely missed at your school!! That's sooo neat that your student's made a dance for you :)

I love seeing the pictures of all your nieces and nephews too! What a awesome aunt you are!

Cortney said...

Yay for summer time! I'm sure your girls are going to miss you as much as you'll miss them! And I'm sure you are an awesome teacher! Do you have plans to teach when you move?

hilary w said...

I bet it's weird to have school over! The down time must be nice.

I love that you named your birds outside your door! We have a nest outside our door, too, and I will now be sure to name them, too. :)

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Looks like you are enjoying your summer time! Fun post and great pictures. I love your hair straight. You look beautiful!