Friday, May 30, 2008

May - what a GREAT month!

Ok, so in the last three days my sister-in-law had a baby, my little sis graduated from high school and my little bro came home from his mission. We also had our last day of actual "dancing" in my classes at school because the locker rooms will be closed next week. I really can't believe I won't be teaching a Granite Park next year and that I won't being spending hours and hours with my dancers anymore, or seeing them on a daily basis. It's slowly starting to hit me how much my life is going to change when we move. I love being close to my family for these big events too. I was talking to a friend at work today about just living in the moment and enjoying life, I've really tried to do that more over the last couple months. Even through the ups and downs I really love my life and am SO blessed. This job I've had for the past two years had changed my life! Here are some pictures from this wonderful, busy, eventful month of May!
The district dance concert was a BLAST! We spent 6 hours straight together and only one argument broke out, not bad. Really, the girls did great and represented our school well. A high school ended up using the SAME song that we used ("You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hairspray) but the girls were really good sports about it, and acted a lot more mature than the high school girls when we passed them in the hall might I add, but anyway, I was proud.
My CRAZY 5th period dance class. This isn't all of them actually. Lots of energy, flirting and drama happen in this class but they are great dancers and work hard. I just noticed Mohamed is pointing at my head.
Mothers day! In this picture are some great mothers who I admire, Grandma, my sis Becky and of course, my mom!
My little sis Annie was chosen to solo with the orchestra at Timpview H.S. she is so beautiful and played so well!
hahaha! These are probably the coolest pics you'll ever see on my blog! My radical sis-in-law, Jessica had an awesome Robot/Gangsta B-day Party!
Robot Battle!

Dancers award banquet at Duck Park in SSL
The beautiful ladies of the BYU 148th Primary Presidency!
My office-mate Lori Vreeken who teaches P.E. She is an amazing lady and friend.
In the dance room next to my AWESOME stereo. Out of all the places I've taught, including BYU, there has never been another sound system that compares with mine! I will miss it! (since it really belongs to the school)
My little sis is all grown up and graduated from Timpview High School yesterday!
Welcome Home from Texas Elder Jonathan Wright! Thats him in the cowboy hat!
cute nieces and nephews
I love my little bro! I can't believe he's back!

pics at work today, I had my camera because I brought it for Jonathan's homecoming so I thought I'd snap a few at work with the amazing people I hang out with every day. Above is Camron Hamilton, a counselor. She is a great friend and dancer! She choreographed our Hairspray routine.
Tiffany, an English teacher (who just got engaged last night!), Tom, a kind and wise man who teaches P.E., Cam and I enjoying Sundaes provided for us today!
Mara, the sweet lunch secretary, and I, with some random guy who I don't know in the background, I think he was bringing in packages to the office.
Last but not least, I finally met my beautiful new niece Scarlett today! She belongs to my brother Joel and his wife Marisa and is their fourth! She was born Wednesday - 10lbs! I love her (and her cute cheeks) already.

9 comments:

pandorasbox said...

What beautiful pictures! Meridith and I went to Estancia High School's first Annual Special Ed Prom tonight. We had a lot of fun!

Hope to see you soon!

Love,

P

Tiff said...

When I looked at the Primary Presidency picture, it made me sad that I didn't even SORT OF recognize those ladies with you... did I really leave that long ago?

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

Em I love it. Life is such a crazy ride. I love reading your Blog it makes me feel like I know what is going on in your life. I think that it is so cool that Annie got to play a Solo with the Orchestra. Orchestra holds a special place in my heart. But who knows maybe Dugan and I will play in an Orchestra again and I plan on teaching Violin lessons someday. I can't believe that Johnathen is back. You have such a great family.

Sarah Roberts said...

what a fun month Em! I can't believe you will be leaving either:(

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

so much excitement! Congrats to your sister on her solo and on graduation. And also, to yourself for making it through the school year! Will you be teaching dance when you move?

Headle said...

I love this update!! You are so sweet Emily! I know you will be missed in Utah but no doubt you'll make TONS of new friends in Cali!!

hilary w said...

What a great month you had! I loved all the pictures. Did you get released from the presidency?

I can't wait to hear about your new adventure in CA!

Megan said...

Wow what an awesome month for your family. My hubby's brother Taylor just graduated from Timpview. Your sister looked so pretty in her dress playing the violin. I love the little baby picture too.

Anonymous said...

That is one fierce looking Kobe Bryant-robot