
Sorry for the dry spell! ack! I seem to come and go in spurts but I vow to be better. Anyway so some of you know that I commute to South Salt Lake everyday, about 80 miles round trip and recently Jared bought me Twilight to listen to in the car, I finished it and loved it! Although i have to admit that towards the middle i wasn't quite sure why it was so popular, but then it picked up. It may because I was listening to it rather than reading it but it moved a little slow and the descriptions of all the mushy stuff sometimes just dragged on and on (don't get me wrong, I like romance). I just think if I was actually reading it I could just read faster and at the right pace for different parts. Anyway, now I am totally hooked on this series. I'm now listening to New Moon and am about half way through. I get so into that I can only listen on my way home because if I listened to it on the way to work I wouldn't be able to focus on what I needed to teach that day. Well, just wanted to know your thoughts on the series, whether you've read it or not, and have you heard about the movie? It comes out in December. The character who plays Bella is about how I pictured, but Edward is way off. I'm not sure how I pictured him but definately not like Cedric Diggory. I'm getting used to it though. I'd love to know what you think, just don't give anything away.
Actor who plays Edward
Actress who plays Bella
9 comments:
I am with you Em...I pictured a dark haired pale looking romantic creature...kind of like my husband...:-)
P
I think this summer I am going to read the Twilight books. I have heard really good things, but just haven't had time to read them! Also, I was going to talk to you because I am going to apply at your school. I found out it is just a few miles from where we are trying to move. So, we will have to talk some time.
Lastly, Good luck with your move to California. That is really exciting!
Emily, you have such a cute blog! I'm also a fan of Twilight, although they're not the best-written books ever, in my opinion. I thought that New Moon was a little hard to get through, but in the end it was good. Eclipse is a little controversial, but I still liked it. I hope the fourth is a good read, but I'll be okay if it ends up that the first is the best of the four. Anyway, more than you wanted to know!
one day I will read those books....but I think most people agree with you on Edward
I've read them and love them. I agree that the writing is not the "greatest", but it's still such a good story that I don't mind. :) I just re-read Twilight and am now re-reading New Moon. I'm really excited to be re-reading New Moon especially - Stephenie Meyer actually asked all of her readers to read it twice because we'd be so distracted by what was going on that a second time around would help. I totally agree.
As for the movie...I felt exactly the same way when they first announced the cast! But when I started to re-read Twilight I discovered that I had pictured Edward different from her description! So weird! But anyway...this is turning into a long comment. I blogged about this last month and have some pictures up of Cedric (or whatever his real name is) that show him in more "vampirish" poses and I think it works.
http://mrsbasilefrankweiler.blog
spot.com/2008/03/reading-twiligh
t-again.html
I have read twilight and hope to read the others this summer. I can't read the last month of the semester. I thought that the book was sssooooo slow for the first half and then it picked up. I understand that they wanted you to understand that they liked eachother but really. Anyway that is a good idea to listen to them on your way to work. I hope everything is going well and I am so busy but I really miss you. I am taking the summer off from school so we have to get together before you move.
Hi Emily, found your blog from Alene's. I'm excited to still see what you guys are up to when you move to CA! That's sad you're leaving the ward though! I had to comment because I loved the twilight series, I read it last summer and I want to read it again before the movie. But I must say I am gearing myself up to be disappointed by the movie... that way I won't feel let down. There is just no way they can make it as good as the book! I wish they could've cast the perfect edward.
Angie Harding
've become a twihard. I have yet to read the books. My sister is a true fan...like go to the movie sets fan. I love hearing her stories and enthusiasm for the books and upcoming movie. I feel like I have the scoop.
I recently read all three books in about three days. Once I got into the action I couldn't put the book down. Anyway, I agree about the characters. I was definitely disappointed by the choice for Edward. I was thinking of someone a little more manly. I know he is only supposed to be 17 yrs old but please they need to give us a character to swoon over and say yes Bella should sell her soul to become a vampire for that strong, fast, masculine, yet sweet vampire:)
Post a Comment