10 Years Ago: Lets see, just after my 14th birthday, was that eight grade? Well I remember when i turned 14 we went laser tagging, there is actually a funny picture of the party somewhere. It was all my home girls, Jos, Em, Kris, Brooke, Char, and then of course G.J. and Jesse, the only guys I was really hanging out with at the time. This was a fun time in life. We'd walk to Josie's everyday after school and make music videos or play the 10 guys game, or Jackpot in the front yard. Sometimes we'd go to G.J.'s house and lay down on their bike ramp where they'd jump over us on their little BMX bikes. i was also way into soccer at this time and played for a team called the Pink Ladies.
5 Things On My To-Do List Today: Well, it's Saturday so I'm a little out of routine.
1- Do my hair.
2- go to the Meads to help with some cleaning as they are moving out this weekend :(.
3 - Take down my Christmas Cards and put up some Valentines that my niece Julia made us in their place. I'll probably do this while watching President Hinckley's funeral services.
4 -make a CD that I promised one of my students I'd make her about 2 weeks ago, oops.
5 - at 5:30 Jared and i are going to my brother's house to babysit his 3 kids. I'm so glad Jared is coming with me because when it's just me the kids always ask "Where is Jared?" They sure love him.
Things I Would Do If I Were Suddenly Made A Billionaire: Pay tithing :). Buy one house in Utah, and one in Southern CA. Buy new furniture and decor for my new houses. Go shopping. Take both of our families on a big vacation, maybe Disney Cruise again. New cars . . . you know, the works.
3 of my bad habits:
1- Quadroople checking to see if things are locked, the front door, my sound system at work, my car, my filing cabinet at work where my purse is. I'm just really paranoid about getting stuff stolen. Like last night we fell asleep while the laundry was still drying at the laundromat, when I woke up at 1:00am and wanted to go get it, Jared wouldn't let me. He said it would be fine. Of course it was, but I don't think I slept as soundly.
2 - I'm not the best house keeper. I really enjoy a clean house and in the summer when i wasn't working I kept it neat and tidy, but when i get home in the evenings I usually only have enough energy left in me to make dinner. Cleaning is saved for the weekend if there is nothing else going on.
3 - I throw food out even if I THINK it MIGHT be spoiled, most recently about 3/4 a block of cheese that looked fine and was only about a week old, but it just didn't smell right. Of course Jared thought it was fine, maybe I am a little OCD, I'm glad I only have to list 3 bad habits!
5 Places I have lived:
1 - My parents house in Provo, UT
2 - Hinckley Hall at BYU in Provo, UT
3 - Roman Gardens Apartments in Provo, UT
4 - Basement apartment in South Provo, UT
5 - Wymount Terrace in Provo, Utah
In about 8 months I'll be able to say I've lived somewhere other than Provo, Utah. Don't get me wrong, I love Provo and am going to miss it terribly but I'm excited for our new adventure.
5 Jobs I have had:
1 - Worked for my neighbor, cleaning her house and watching her grandkids.
2 - 7 Peaks Water Park: Food stands, ticket office, tube rental, front gate and finally in my last two summers I moved up to receptionist/secretary.
3 - Women's Locker Room attendant at the BYU Women's Issue! I truly miss those days and those awesome girls I worked with (see pic below!).
4 - Student Instructor for the BYU Dance Department, i taught Dance 131, beginning Jazz
5 - Dance Teacher/Director at Granite Park Middle School (current).

2 Things most people don't know about me:
1- I work everyday in one of the highest crime areas in Utah, (but I always feel safe).
2 - I LOVE predator shows on the discovery channel! Sharks, Alligators, Lions, you name it!
Ok, now I will tag: Lesley L., Lisa B., Katie D., Michelle R., Heather P., Josie G. and Charlotte F.! and anyone else who has read this and would like to do it!
3 comments:
Where are you moving and when? This was fun to read - thanks for playing.
Emily! Hi! I happened upon your blog through someone else's, I'm a blog stalker in my digital life, haha. So glad to have found you! I will check up on you often to see what's new with you and yours :)
This is really fun to read! I love learning things about people that I didn't know before. Can't wait to do this!
Post a Comment