Friday, February 8, 2008

My Birthday Weekend!

My 24th Birthday was actually 2 weekends ago on January 27th, I was actually sick that weekend, but I'd been looking forward to our plans for weeks so I pushed through, here is what we did to celebrate!

My Sister Becky hosted a great family party/dinner at her house in Orem. This Jared and I in the entry.
Making Valentines with Charles, Audrey and Julia. Julia and I did this last year too. If you look close you'll see "sticks with flames on them" on Charles's Valentine, that's what he said he wanted on it!
Becky and Joe's cute family, Nathaniel, Julia, Eliza
So these three just love Jared's attention, how many people can you fit on a banana chair?
Lighting the candles, I was looking back at pictures of my previous 3 birthdays and in all of them Julia is sitting on my lap or next to me when we're having cake, she's a sweetie, we're good buds!
All of us, except Dad, he must be taking the pic
Opening presents, the kids like to help of course
Jared participated in a Spanish Poetry night on campus that same weekend so I thought I'd throw in this pic. His poem was about being dumped, so i don't know why they chose the birds to put in the backround, kind of random. The Varsity theater was packed.This is Jared and his sister Jessica at Los Hermanos, we went out with his siblings the day before my birthday, I copied these from Meri's facebook, sorry about the small pics!

Serious face JaredChase and Meri, Jared's younger bro and sis
They sang to me and the whole She'bang, gotta love that fried ice cream.

Well, in closing, today at work we had a professional development meeting on de-stressing your life. We could raise our hands and share what we did to relieve stress. I said Blogging, it really does relieve stress for me to be in touch with all of you wonderful people and read about your ups and downs, see cute pics of your kids and families, it makes me think how beautiful life is! Well, some people didn't really understand, and the lady writing the ideas on the white board thought I said "Clogging" at first, well whatever. . .they are all missing out!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I know I really enjoy your clog --errr blogging!

Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

I hope you had a good birthday! Sounds like fun to have such a big get-together.

Your hair looks darker--did you dye it or is it doing the "darker because it's winter" thing? :)

Hooray for clogging!!! It does help, doesn't it?

Katie Cash Davis said...

Happy Birthday Em!! It looks like you had a fun one. Your nieces and nephews are really adorable. I love staying in touch this way--you are wonderful! Oh, and I saw your tag--thanks. Oh, and also--the PVC Pipe love seat is no more. We are boring people with a real couch.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Happy Birthday Emily! It looks like you had such a fun day.

Jean said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Awesome photos as always! You guys look great.

Blogging, clogging... it's all the same. Hahahaha :-)