Monday, February 18, 2008

Salt Lake Cemetery

Last Sunday we went up to Salt Lake to visit Jared's sister Jessica, she lives in The Avenues, just a few blocks away from the Salt Lake City Cemetery. After dinner we went over to visit our dear Prophet's grave.
President Hinckley passed away on my birthday last month, what a powerful yet humble man of God who will truly be missed.
Chase and Jess.
Jess walks over the cemetery often and knows where to find some other Prophet's graves. President McKay's headstone lies only a few feet away from President Hinckley's and it is HUGE!
President John Taylor's grave, you can see by Jared's hand where it says "Taylor"
This is also part of President Taylor's headstone, I believe the whole left column is a list of his wives.
Back at Jess's apartment. Jess is a fantastic seamstress and designer, here is a cute pillow she made, yeah Anthropology should give her a call.
Darling quilt she made using some squares of embroidery she got in Mexico.
Johnny and June? Nope, Chase and Jess but they sure looked like the Cash's while strumming Jess's brand new guitar.

Well, I actually have more pics to post, we just got back from California a few hours ago where we spent the weekend checking out two schools who have accepted Jared into their PhD programs! I'll do that later. I love you all and really enjoy your blogs and photos!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Those are really cool photos. It was neat to see those headstones close up. Thanks for sharing!

I love the fish pillow too!

Lisa said...

Wow, I never knew that all those people were buried in the same cemetery. How cool!

Congrats on Jared getting accepted to PhD schools!! Can't wait to hear about that :)

Headle said...

Emily! You are such a cutie pie!!! I love looking at your blog, you always make me happy! :)

Congratulations on getting in to the PH D programs!! What a HUGE accomplishment and an exciting decision to make. Let us all know how things unfold for you!

Thanks for the tag! Sorry I haven't gotten to it yet, but reading yours was sooo much fun!!

Your friend is so creative. I love her style! The colors are so vibrant and beautiful.

I'll come back again soon and check in! I just can't help it, your adorable blog is addicting!!!

toddkmack said...

Hey guys! I can't wait to hear about how visits went. Thanks for keeping us posted on things. We'll see you soon.