Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving in California!

We had a lot of fun in California for Thanksgiving. The highlight was being able to welcome home Jared's brother Chase from his mission to Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The pic above and below are from the Balboa peninsula and island with Jessica, Jared's sister. We put on our car on a ferry to cross over to the island, which was way cool!On Sunday before church we had Jessica take some potential Christmas Card photos. Jared scratched his cornea the day after we got there and has been having issues opening his eye, especially in the sun, i hope you can't really tell, but anyway, he's doing a lot better now, just not wearing his contacts. I think the middle one is best as far as opening eyes goes. . .If you have a favorite, let me know, the last one is just funny because Jared didn't want to open his eyes and Jess told him to give me a kiss but he couldn't find my face.


At the airport waiting for Chase to arrive, we were there at 9:00am, which is when the mission home said he'd arrive, but we waited and waited and he didn't get off that flight, through some phone calls we later learned he wasn't arriving until 4:00pm, the suspense was killing us!


Thanksgiving day, pretty table, yummy food, lovely Jessica!
This was the group of people that were at the White's house for Thanksgiving. Front row: Jared's sis Meri, Grandma Marker, Jared's sis Jessica. Middle row: Aunt Lydia, mom Patti, Uncle Rick, Me. Back row: Uncle Jeff, dad Dave, Jared's bro Chase, cousin Alex, and Jared.

9 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It looks like you guys had a great time with Jared's family down in California. Some very cute pictures of the two of you.

Lesley said...

You two are incredibly photogenic. No big surprise. :)

I like your favorite. I also think the one of you guys outside by the pool is Christmas card worthy.

Looks like a very fun trip!

Cam and Josie said...

Cute photos, Em! How fun to be in Cali--it looks so warm. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Lisa said...

How fun! I love those pictures! I like the 2nd and 3rd ones especially. You guys really are SO cute :)

Abby said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I love the picture of you with the sun behind you, that's beautiful. I think the picture where Jared can't find you would be awesome for a Christmas card actually! It's got lots of personality. :) But I also really like the one of the two of you in front of the pool!!

And PS....I found you through Tim & Jean's page and have been secretly keeping up with you, I think this is my first comment. :) Feel free to come visit my blog!!

hilary w said...

What cute pictures! I think I like the second one the best. You two just look so cute in that one. That's cool that you went to Balboa Island! Isn't it just so quaint and different there? It sounds like you had fun!

Heather said...

Emily! So Good to see what you've been up to. It's been way to long since our BYU dancing days. It's fun to look at your pictures and see you've been busy! You'll have to send me your address.

Jean said...

Emily, I love the photos!! They're fantastic! It'll be hard to choose just one. :-) And what a cool welcome home!!! Sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving.

Headle said...

How cute!! These pictures are so beautiful! It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! You make such a great pair!