Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sean at 15 months


25lbs 7oz
32 1/4 inches

He is walking like a pro, no more crawling at all, still a little tipsy at times, I love it.  Such a cute little cuddly baby bundle.  I just love their size and snuggliness at 15 months.  He is so smart.  You can't distract him away from what he wants.  If he wants a popsicle you can give him a million different things but he doesn't forget that they are in the freezer and you are not getting him one!  "ockle, ockle" he calls them.  If you ask for a "kissy"  he'll start smacking his lips and then come over to you and just open his mouth until you kiss him.  He talks so much.  We love his little words.  He still loves Mickey and the purple car Holley, Elmo is another favorite.  His favorite song is "Old McDonald" and can loudly sing "E-I-E-I-O" over and over.  He also will sing, "Yo hohoho" when he sees a picture of Jake from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and " Go go go go" when he sees a picture of Diego.  He likes to read "a book" and often I catch him reading by himself.  He can play by himself for several minutes at a time, his favorite thing is to make cars go down a ramp and he says "wheee".  Just two weeks ago he started saying "Max".  It is the sweetest thing ever to hear him say his brother's name.  It's more like "Mmmbax".  This morning at 5:45am Sean was up and saying "Mmbax Mmbax", trying to wake big bro to play.  When we walk from the playground to our house, Sean will NOT be carried, he insists on walking, "gawk gawk!" he says.  Then he starts wandering off the path so I say, "Sean, can you hold my hand?" but he doesn't want MY hand.  He says, "Mmbax hand" because he wants to hold his big brother's hand.  Max usually will make him happy and hold his hand to guide him home.    But then Max will get impatient and Sean will get determined to go the wrong way.  Actually if Sean is wandering away from us Max gets very concerned, I love how he looks out for him.  Sean loves playgrounds, parks and slides.  Of course this is the age where going to the playground is a lot of work for me!  Sean just doesn't quite have that sense of safety yet, and is a good climber, so I'm not always able to just sit and chat with my friends.  He is a pretty good eater, getting picky about his veggies, but out eats his brother at about every meal.  He loves yogurt and cheese but I can't get him to drink milk, not even chocolate.  I actually just weaned him about two weeks after he turned 15 months.  Other favorites are pasta with marinara sauce, grapes, bananas, berries, he's starting to use a fork and spoon a little.  He likes to drink "awa" (water).  He's recently started to really love his nap time.  I read a couple books to him and sing a song and he's already pointing at his bed, ready to lay down.  He naps for around and hour and a half.  Same thing at bed time, he starts pointing toward his bed, ready to rest.  I have to add here how much he adores his daddy.  He loves when daddy puts him to bed, he gets so excited when daddy comes home and wants his attention immediately.  He says daddy just like Max used to "Da-ee, Da-ee".  I love watching them together.  There is definitely a place in his heart for mom too, sometimes he just calls me, "mine, mine" insteasd of "mama", it's pretty funny.

He has long blonde curls, blue eyes, long arms and fingers.  The only rolls he has left are little ones in his thighs and he still has a round little belly.  He has 12 teeth.  Four in front on top and bottom and his four back molars

Sean I love your hugs and kisses, I love how you lay on my shoulder while I sing to you.  I love how you sit on my lap.  I love your laugh and happy face.  I love feeding you and bathing you and getting you dressed.  I am so happy you are mine.

funny video of us trying to get Sean to walk home . . .











2 comments:

pandorasbox said...

The video is so cute...I keep thinking like the wizard of oz...there is no place like home...Sean is so cute...and Max is such a good big brother...you are Jared are wonderful parents...Love that the boys have such good language at this age...it is such a relief for me as a grandmother and SLP. Love you!!!

Patti

Anne Wright said...

I love Sean!