Saturday, September 1, 2012

Swimming Lessons

We  were able to get Max into two sessions of swimming lessons this summer.  He has grown so much, and is much more confident.  I am happy that he can go under the water and lay back in the water.  I wish I had a picture of him in his "gobbles" (aka goggles)

The first session we did at the Rec center across the street, it was a parent and me class.  Our cute neighbor signed up to do it with us, they ended up being the only two in the class!  They got to walk home together each day.  Here they are on the last day with their certificates.


We did another session and our cute friend and neighbor Kirsten was his teacher.  The first day was rough because he wanted me to be in the water with him, like before, but by the second day he was feeling comfortable with his teacher.  I was  happy to see him being a little more independent from mom.
 his cute class
 Daddy and Sean had fun in the pool as well.

We have gotten a lot of swimming in this summer!  It has made up for last summer when I think we went to the pool once.  I was just too nervous with a nursing newborn and a two year old last year.  Can't believe it's labor day weekend and summer is coming to a close!

3 comments:

Anne Wright said...

Your kids are so cute Emily! I'm glad you've felt comfortable taking them swimming this summer. What a fun thing to do in California. :)

Kirsten Treff said...

Cute pics :) I might steal one :)

Hope said...

Hooray for swimming! Looks so fun.