Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Head and the Heart

I was so lucky to go see The Head and the Heart live.  My SIL Jessica got me a ticket and said we were going, and I'm so glad she did!  It was awesome.  They are such a cohesive group.  They just have a great time on stage and love what they're doing.  Their music and lyrics just speak to me, connecting me to my past and getting me through the challenges of the present!  I know that sounds cheesy but really, it's true, whenever I get sad about friends moving away (it's that time of year) I listen to Rivers and Roads (which I can play on the guitar!) and it helps me feel a little better somehow.   



I love the tambourine, the violin, and the funny bass player who only moves up and down!  Anything with a violin really pulls at my heart strings because my two sisters play.






I have to add that the girl has a vocal solo in Rivers and Roads and I wish I would've gotten on video because it was smashing and gave me chills!

1 comment:

Esther said...

I just looked up the lyrics to Rivers and Roads. It almost made me cry! It is always so sad to say goodbye! :( I'm counting my blessings for email and blogs to stay in touch! Hopefully we'll all see each other again! We sure miss you guys!