ha! I'm serious though, amidst these last few weeks of sick sick sick kids I somehow felt inspired one afternoon to pull out this little guitar we've had for ages. I played the violin and piano but didn't know a thing about the guitar. I went to YouTube and found a couple "how to play the guitar" videos. With the first few I could tell after 5 seconds that this person isn't really clear and wasn't meant to be a teacher. . then I found a video of some Australian girl, she gave the basics of how to read chord charts and finger numbers and such. Then I found a sheet that had a chart for all the basic chords online and printed it. I've been practicing like crazy! My fingers are still very tender. Guitar strings are much thicker than violin strings. I've even learned a few songs. I was having trouble with the F chord, which seams to pop up in many songs. It just never sounded good, I couldn't get my hand in the right position. So I went back to YouTube and guess what? Turns out many have trouble with that one because there were so many videos entitled "Master the dreaded F Chord". I found some little old lady who explained it in a way that worked for me. It's not "mastered" but I'm nearly there. It's been a really fun little outlet for me lately. . .

3 comments:
Music is great - it's my big outlet. When I'm stressed, I'll go to my piano, plug in the headphones, and play away in my own little world. Very therapeutic. Way to go for teaching yourself! Hopefully the kid sickness leaves the area soon, both Ev and Gordon are down today with a virus.
Good for you Emily! Now, will this band include Krista, Emily R. and myself? :) Maybe you can be our accompanist. You'll be a star in no time.
That is so Awesome. When Dugan and I were living in apartments I always felt bad wanting to play my violin. I thought that when we had a house I would want to play it a lot more often. Till I realized that part of my problem is no time. Hopefully after Graduation in May I will pick it back up.
Post a Comment