Sean at 3.5 months
I love three month babies, so sweet and round and cuddly. Sean is a happy soul with eyes that light up when he smiles. I love when he wakes up happy and sees me and makes a huge grin as if to say, "it's time to play!". He was making that face at me all night last night, (he was up several times between 12am-6am, this isn't the norm) and even when I'm exhausted that little face keeps me going. I just can't kiss him and squeeze him enough. He loves his hands, looks at them now and brings them together to his mouth, slobbering all over. He loves to watch his brother play. If Max is crying he'll often join in. His hair is really thinning out, and kind of looking blonder. His eyes are a pale gray/blue. I would not classify him as an easy baby. He is very fickle about nursing and sleeping. It makes me think about how he was a week over due . . . he only wants to do things when HE is ready. I love my Sean and am so happy to be his mama.
Max - 2.5 years
Loves trains. Loves Tunnels! If we go under any bridge while driving he'll say, "look! a tunnel!" He talks and gabs so well. He likes to tell me when something is "scurry" (scary). I have no idea where he got this from, I didn't teach him this word. So I taught him what "pretend" means. Now he'll tell me the picture of the witch on the Snow White DVD is "scurry, but it's per-tend". I hope he understands. He is growing more and more into a little boy each day and the baby-ness is fading away. His legs are long and, dare I say it, thinning out! He is a very picky eater but sometimes will surprise me and chomp on his celery or carrott sticks. He loves yogurt, especially Go-gurt which he calls "guys yogurt" because the characters on them are "guys". He also loves milk and cereal. He would eat them for every meal. We haven't pushed potty training yet, we talk about it a little with him when it comes up but I don't feel he's ready. I was reading some article about the signs to look for and one of them was, "is in a generally cooperative stage". I just had to laugh out loud because I would definitely say Max has a mind of his own and is very strong willed, translation: uncooperative!. But whether he grows out of this or not we'll start potty training as he gets closer to 3. He loves his little brother. For a long time in the car, if Sean's car seat canopy was covering him, Max would say, "uh-oh Baby's eyes!" because he wanted to look at Sean while we were going. I'd pull it back and the Max would proudly say, "HI BABY!". When he spits up Max says, "oh dear dear baby". He thinks it's hilarious when Sean has bubbles on his chin or if his lip quivers. He likes to watch Tarzan and tells me the baby is "Baby Sean". He has always been kind towards him and every since the day we brought Sean home Max has just accepted him and knows that I need to take care of both of them. On the day we took Sean's three month pictures we were driving home and we drove by the hospital where Sean was born. We actually drive by it quite frequently but this time Max pointed at it and said, "baby Sean! Mommy in the bed!" He still remembers going there when Sean was born, it was so sweet. I really can't believe his imagination either. He'll get his animal toys and act out scenes from Tarzan and the other day at dinner he told me his spaghetti was "per-tend snakes" and made them say "sssss" all over his plate. Other things he loves are bike rides with daddy, riding his tricycle, birthdays and birthday parties. He loves songs and loves to SING. His favorite rides at Disneyland are Casey Junior and Peter Pan. He will ask me to sing the songs from each of them and can sing them himself too. He'll sing "Casey Junior back, Casey Junior back" as he plays with his trains and "Following the Leader" as we go up the stairs. He loves animals and learning what different ones are called. You'd be surprised how many odd ones he can identify like "pelican" and "sloth". He can hardly contain his dancing when he hears a beat and LOVES drums and guitars. There are a bunch of guys who play the drums at Disneyland in front of Small World and he is a big fan. He always folds his arms to pray, will say his own prayer someitmes and loves when we drive by the temple and get to see "angel Mo-wown-i" We love our big boy Max and look forward to the funny things he does and says each day.
Emily:
I enjoy having two little boys. I enjoy taking care of all THREE of the boys in my house. I enjoy organizing my home and my schedule. I have a little job as a housing assistant in our community, which I really am enjoying. Having a newborn makes juggling a job a little tricky but we just take it a little bit at a time, Sean usually comes with me. I still choreograph dances in my head and in my living room because I really just can't help it. I said good-bye to so many friends this summer. I know that is just the life a grad student community but this summer was particularly hard with SO many close friends moving away. One night after saying some good-byes I kind of broke down and cried to Jared. I feel so blessed to have many great friends. I have needed them so much during these years as a grad-students wife and new mom.
Jared:
He just started his FOURTH year of his PhD. We're still thinking he'll finish in 5 years. He loves what he does. He loves BOOKS! My dream is to have a library in our house with wall to wall built in bookshelves where all these books can go. He is the Young Men's president and at least once I week some one tells me how awesome he is with those boys. He really loves them and cares about them. He loves making his own little boys laugh and will get up with Sean in the middle of the night if needed. Jared really is a rockstar dad and husband, he makes me laugh every day.
3 comments:
Jared always had a way as a child to make people laugh, he was always thoughtful too! The YM are lucky to have him as their leader. You are a great mom and friend; you have friends all over the world!
Hi Em, I think you are the best and most wonderful person in the whole universe.
Oh My Goodness! Look at how big your boys are!!! They are precious, Emily! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! We sure miss you (Kate misses her dance teacher Miss Emily ;). We miss Verano and all of the friends we had there... it's such a special place! I'm glad you are liking the HA job! You look great!
Post a Comment