Friday, August 19, 2011

"The Tank" is an understatement

Sean is 2 months!
15lbs 13oz
24.5 inches


I'm not joking! He's off the charts for weight and height is 95th percentile. Would you believe me if I told you he doesn't eat that much? because he really doesn't! He nurses 5 or 6 times a day and often it is pretty brief. Lately he'd much rather stare at me and talk with me than nurse! I sure love my squishy baby boys!

When he turned two months I started trying for an earlier bedtime and it's been going well for the past week or so. The first night I put him down at 8pm, he settled him self down, went right to sleep but then woke up after about 30 minutes, when I checked on him he was literally COVERED in spit up! his hair, his face, his bed, even UNDER his little mattress in his cradle. I cleaned him up and got him back down. Since then, (I don't want to jinx it) but he's been going to bed between 7-8pm, is up once in the night to eat, then sleeps until 7 or 7:30am. I could certainly get used to that, it took much much longer before Max was sleeping like that. Sometimes Sean wants to play in the middle of the night after he eats but most of the time it's right back to sleep. His longer afternoon nap often overlaps with Max's so that is nice.

He's already had two colds :(

He coos and "a-guooos" at anyone who will talk to him. He loves to look at your face and smile a big gummy smile. The nurse was measuring his head and he just looked up and gave her this big huge smile, she was kind of in a hurry but stopped and smiled back.

His hair is thinning on top but no big bald spot in back yet. His eyes are dark blue at the moment. He's feeling more sturdy and less in that fragile newborn state, getting better at holding his head.

He loves to sit in the Bumbo for brief periods and watch his brother play with cars and trains.

I'll do a post about his blessing day soon, the picture above is his blessing outfit. We love you Sean!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Woah! He is a tank! My Lucy doesn't seem to each much either, but she is also big for her age. It's good to have healthy kids!

pandorasbox said...

He takes after his Grandpa White...he was a tank as a baby...pretty good natured too according to his mother. I love it when he smiles and coos back to me but all Speech Pathologist's go gaga over babies that like to communicate!

Christy said...

What a cute boy! He looks so much like Max in that picture. That's great he is sleeping so well. Cute family!

Emily Frame said...

how on earth did you get your 2 month old on that amazing sleep schedule already!?