Monday, March 7, 2011

I made a Quilt!

I always wanted to make Max a blanket. I made one for a few of my nieces and nephews when they were born but somehow didn't make one for Max until now. I gave it to him on his birthday, sewing like crazy through the month of February. It's definitely the most complicated one I've done. I'm happy with how it all came together!

Before: I used a pair of Jared's brown corduroy pants he didn't want anymore, a shirt of Jared's that was too short for him, a skirt that was too short for me and I was going to use the leopard shirt but it was sheer and not big enough so I found some tiger fabric at JoAnn that was discontinued and super inexpensive.
After:
Also still wondering if you have a favorite place to get nursing bras? (See below)

6 comments:

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

Emily is is Beautiful. I am VERY IMPRESSED!!! Meaning fun and so full of design. LOVE IT

Lisa said...

Fancy-pants! So cute! And so creative!

Lesley said...

Whoa, Emily! I am SOOOOO impressed!!!! I love the colors, I love that it has Max's mom and dad's stuff in it (I bet he loves that too) and I love how classy it all turned out. The colors rock.

Nice job! What a special present. And I am seriously in love with the way you re-purposed stuff!

Does the the baby get one too?

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

SUPER cute! Look at you and your craftiness! I have no advice on nursing bras. I bought some at Motherhood right before I had Ethan and I hated the way they made my ladies look. I've always used a regular bra and just pull it down. It probably ruins my bra but it works for me! Good luck!

Jean said...

GREAT JOB!!!! You are amazing!

Rachel said...

Wow! Did how did you quilt or tie it together? Impressive!