I'm wearing maternity pants for the first time this pregnancy, Jared convinced me it was probably time. They really are so much more comfortable than the few pairs of my regular pants I'd been wearing.
I taught dance this morning. It just makes me so happy. I always get a little nervous going over my lesson plan Friday night. Will the kids listen? Will I say it in a way that they'll understand? Will everyone just look at me like I'm crazy when I try to explain that we can dance on different "levels"? (our focus last week) But then Saturday comes and class goes by so fast and the dancers catch on and listen and if not, we just improvise and go with it. They are so sweet and are improving and I just look forward to their smiling faces every Saturday. Max also loves his time with his daddy . . .
Ok, so songs, I've had a little "song of the moment" or "song I'm dancing to" in my side bar for a couple years now but haven't been so great about updating it. Now that I'm not choreographing and teaching older students I'm not so up to date about new music when it comes out. But I just found Florence and the Machine "Cosmic Love" last night and I was in love about half way through. This happens to me occasionally, I'll just hitch on to a song in the first listen and then have some choreography pop in my mind. Then I just can't get enough of the song and have to listen to it over and over. I really thought Florence and the Machine "Dog Days" was a one hit wonder, but this one is just as great. (love Dog Days though and hope it comes on every time i'm in the car!)
Speaking of Dog Days, have you been watching "Live to Dance" on CBS? I got into it because The Vibe dance studio from Utah were one of the 6 finalists last week. I actually took class with Chaz, the guy who has kind of been the "voice" for them on their little interviews and such. He was in a Funk class I took in high school at Center Stage. The girl who is always front and center, Candice, would sub that class sometimes! Cool to see people I knew back then still performing and on TV! Anyway, I really love the other finalist girl, Kendall, who was the only soloist. Her choreography in the finals to "Dog Days" was fantastic. She's only 11 and I think she lacked a little emotional depth but she was absolutely phenomenal. All the finalists are amazing, you can watch the full final episode here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/live_to_dance/ If I had to choose a least favorite I'd say the ballet couple, I just think their finals routine wasn't very strong.

3 comments:
The littles are so adorable...I get a charge when I work in the nursery...they are so sweet and full of life! Florence and the Machine sounds pretty neat! I did see some of the dance contestants when the contest first began earlier this year but I haven't watched it recently. Hope you have a great week!
Brecklyn went to the Vibe for 3 years. It's fun to see everyone. I hope they win!
this is my favorite florence song! it's so powerful in my opinion.
Post a Comment