Thursday, February 10, 2011

a few of my favorite things!

my birthday post!

Max wanted to sweep the porch that morning, can't complain! Then we headed to our music makers class.

Later Aunt Meridith came over to play, we snitched birthday cake and then picked up Max's friend Ruby who we get to babysit sometimes. Jared surprised me while we were all playing at the playground with a dozen roses! Grandma White came over and Auntie Meridith stayed for dinner. We had BBQ ribs and chocolate cake!check out :09 - "birthday!"




The next day was Friday. We went out as a family to celebrate. I must include the beach in my birthday celebration somewhere, so we went to my favorite, Balboa. We crossed from the island to the peninsula on the Ferry. The ride is short but Max loved it and cried when we had to get off the boat.

sweetie pies
We played at the playground in the sand for awhile . . .
Then headed to the ocean. We watched the skim boarders video themselves, played in the sand, and just talked for awhile. The waves were big, they usually are there!
here is my belly, he's been dancing up a storm in there lately!
the only family photo from the outing . . .
after the beach we brushed off the sand and put on our jackets because the sun was going down. We walked out on the pier and ate at Ruby's at the end. The sun set while we were eating, gorgeous! Butterfinger shake was delish! Max always goes for french fries and ketchup. All the fisherman were out on the pier, we saw one catch a huge starfish, he said he'd throw it back.The next day was Saturday and Jared and I got to go out on our own birthday date thanks to Grandma who babysat. We ate at the Melting Pot. I'd never been but I know everyone in Utah would talk about it and there is one just a few minutes away from us now. It was really fun and different! We couldn't get a reservation until 9pm, it was a lot of food for that late at night but we had fun being together and stuffing ourselves. Before my birthday I suggested I wanted to got here but then I saw online how expensive it was and said let's do something else, but Jared was sweet and said he's saved up his tutoring money to take me out where I wanted for my birthday. Love him . . . .so much.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Max's curly blonde hair, cute smile, and bare feet just make me want to die they're so cute. I'm so jealous of your nice weather!!!!!

Jean said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are a seriously cute pregnant lady, Emily!!!

pandorasbox said...

Max is such a ham...glad you had such a wonderful birthday! The weather has been fabulous the last couple of days!

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I'm glad it was such an amazing day!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Emily! What a great way to celebrate. I have been wanting to try the Melting Pot to, it sounds so yummy!

Hope said...

Oh, I love the melting pot. Such a fun place!
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Rachel said...

If all your kids are as cute as Max is, you should have a dozen of them!

I love that pic of you holding Max above your belly on the beach. So cute!