I'm thinking about getting a push trike for Max for his Birthday next month. The Radio Flyer is much less expensive but I've read it tips easier and doesn't have breaks. The Kettler is supposed to be amazing but it is much more expensive. German engineering, doesn't tip, has breaks. Just wondering if anyone has experience or opinions on either of these? Is the Radio Flyer really much less superior? If so, I may look into getting a Kettler on Craigslist for around $40 or $50. But then it's tempting to just get a new Radio Flyer for a little more. . . idk.
I'm also looking at the Graco Quattro Tour Duo for a double stroller. I really think this is the best one for us. I've read many many blog posts about double strollers and the many different takes and opinions. I don't think a Sit n' Stand will work for us as a first double stroller. I also LOVE my single Graco Quattro Tour. The perfect stroller is ESSENTIAL, if I can't be mobile with my kids I'll go crazy! Especially since I have to park my car far away from my apartment. Anyway, if I can find one in good condition in the color scheme I want I'll probably get one from craigslist then maybe a Sit 'n Stand in a year or so. Anyway, does anyone have experience or opinions about this stroller? Bad or Good is fine.
8 comments:
I don't know about either thing, but for the stroller, I highly suggest borrowing one for a couple days before you make the investment. Borrowing a bunch of strollers first made sucha difference in my final decision!
I dont know anything about this stroller but I LOVE my Phil & Teds with a doubles kit. You can also get a car seat attachment with it. THis stroller is incredible! But search for it on craigslist as it is super expensive to buy new. Good luck!
in regards to the tricycle...his dad had a big wheel...and he also had a big red trike...well guess what wore out first...the big wheel...I would go for a big wheel!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NVBEA6/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0010PKJ50&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=096F8RXNX5WC3J4RXF48
Radio Flyer has a Grow n Go flyer with plenty of room for Woody and his entourage... http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Flyer-Grow-Go/dp/B003AVKIRG/ref=pd_sim_t_6
I pushed the Graco double stroller around Babies 'R Us, and I really liked it--we definitely thought about buying it. It was incredibly easy to steer. It was just really big, I don't think it fit my carseat (maybe?) and I don't remember if it had trays/shades for both kids, which was important to me. For the record, I have a sit 'n stand that actually has two 5-point harness seats, and you can just change it around to be a sit and stand, or it could even hold two carseats if you wanted! In case that was what you were worried about. I was definitely sure that I wanted Jonathan in a 5-point harness--no way he'd just sit on a jumpseat.
I second what Lisa said. We have the same DOUBLE sit n stand, and since it has two regular seats with the capability of a jump seat, it is great for us. Here's one like ours, though ours is green and brown: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend-Sit-Stand-Silverado/56218717
We still haven't converted the seat to a jumpseat, so I am glad that we didn't get the standard sit n stand.
I LOVE your blog header. You are such an adorable CA family!
Kolcraft has a good double stroller--def. worth looking into. I have no complaints with my double graco, but it is smaller than the current ones.
Look into the Phil & Teds with a double kit. I've had it through three kids now and I love it.
Post a Comment