Saturday, November 13, 2010

On a Fall-ish Day

Although at this moment it's a Balmy 81 degrees we have had a few Fall-ish days in the last month. It get's cooler, especially when the sun goes down and we get a little breeze. You don't see streets full of trees changing color here but you do see a few here and there and they make me happy. These trees will hold onto their beautifully colored leaves through some of the winter months as well. Anyway, on a Fall-ish day last month I thought I'd snap some pictures, M wasn't really in the mood, but we tried. . .

uh, oh, where did he go?

oh, there he is!

time to call it quits . . .Today I also finished up teaching a 6 week Children's Dance class. I had two classes, one of 2.5-3 year olds and one of 4-6 year olds. Boys and Girls. This was my first time teaching kids younger than 5 on a regular basis. They were so sweet, so eager to dance. Sometimes they were just so happy to be dancing that they just laughed out loud and couldn't help but smile. Sometimes they concentrate so hard that the have to stick out their tongues. I love seeing children learn to do things like skip and leap for the first time. Such sweet little souls.

6 comments:

Esther said...

Brooke LOVED the dance class! She looked forward to it every week. And now she is so sad that it is over. You did such a GREAT job!

Lisa said...

Awww, I bet that dance class was so sweet! How fun.

And I love Max's little curls :) So cute!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you teach dance to little kids! That's awesome! Very cute pictures of Max! He is looking so grown up.

Sarah said...

thanks for teaching Emm and attempting to teach Elijah!
i know what you mean about the weather! man, sometimes i wish it would even out and just decide on one temp for each season, but cali is very fickle

Stephanie said...

I am so jealous you got to do something associated with dance! I am so glad you got to do that.

Hope said...

Lovely pictures. And I'm also very impressed by your crafty project in the previous post.