Thursday, September 2, 2010

Knott's Berry Farm

We really like Knott's. We've been there twice this year. Jared can get discount tickets through school. It's small enough that you can do it all in one day and we really like Camp Snoopy with the little kid rides for Max. They have the Peanut's Characters there for the kids and the rest of the park is based around the "Wild West", "Ghost Towns", and California's history like The Gold Rush and Mining. It's really a cute place. It actually has a little history with our family too. Jared's parents went on their first date there! And the first time I came out to meet Jared's family we came here, it was our first Valentines Day together. This was our visit back in April with Grandma and Grandpa White and Uncle Chase. If you're visiting Orange County and only have one day to spend at an amusement park and don't want to spend the $$ on Disneyland, go to Knott's! You won't be disappointed.

With Grandpa in Camp Snoopy

Lots of fun waterfalls and fountains to play it, Max loves them.
Our first ride of the day, little hot air balloons.

Love that double chin.
Playing in the stream waiting in line for the "Mine Ride" with Uncle Chase.
Hey, a picture of just Jared and I! This was in a little cart just before the "Mine Ride" . We also went a the "Log Ride" which is like a scaled down Splash Mountain. They said I could take Max! I couldn't believe they let babies that young on the ride but he was totally fine!
A cute one I snapped during a drink break - the Berry Punch there is delicious! I also recommend the funnel cakes!
Thank you Grandma for bringing us lunch that day! She always has yummy food!
Family Shot
We saw a little show in the "Bird Cage Theater". Jared's dad was picked from the audience to perform with this woman. It was so funny and he played right along!
Riding some mini semi-trucks. Max is funny about rides. He points and stares and gets so excited about them. Then the minute he's on the ride and it starts moving, he just gets super serious with a straight face. I think he has a good time though!
The last ride of the day.
By this time I seriously had the worst head ache of my life, I didn't know what was going on! We got to the car, got Max in his jammies and my head hurt so bad I couldn't even talk! Jared stopped at the store down the street for some medicine, it didn't help. Finally we were about a mile away from home and I told Jared to pull over, I threw up and some if it even got in the car! Jared went out to clean it up after we got inside, that's true love!

I can't believe I found this pic, this was Valentines '04 when we went to Knott's like I mentioned above. We weren't engaged yet, but pretty close!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe how chubby that cute little Max still is! I love it. And that picture of you guys is cute--but it's crazy how much you've changed!

Natasha said...

Oh, I love that you were able to find the last picture and post it with your current ones. It is so cute that you have history there. I've never been but maybe someday.

Kimberly said...

I've never been there but it sounds like a great compromise to all the money Disneyland costs. I've been wanting to comment for a while (I'm also obsessed with SYTYCD and love your observations) but was too shy. I was in El Paso with the Golden Age Theater program this spring and Jared gave me the address so I could keep up with you guys. Just wanted to say, "hi" and that your family is lovely.

Jared Blanco said...

HI KIM!

Look, Em! It's another one of your dance-show cronies!