Friday, August 20, 2010

a Tragedy!

Shade is closing!

I honestly wear a Shade top underneath at least 95% of the time! I have an entire drawer dedicated to them, I have 6 in black alone! (one cami, one long sleeve, and four cap sleeves!) I hope they come back someday! Any suggestions as to where to look now for this kind of stuff??

9 comments:

Cam and Josie said...

Hey Em, check out downeastbasics.com. I have a bunch of the wonder tees and camis in different colors. I actually LOVE the fit way better than i ever liked shade. Give it a shot!

Jean said...

WHAT??! No! Noooooooo!!! I love my Shade shirts! I was actually just thinking that I needed to get another one. Darn!

Abby said...

Ditto on Cam and Josie's comment. I switched to downeastbasics after just one shade shirt. Not only do they work the same, they cost less.

Rach said...

Sad news, my friend owns Shade..I knew it was strugglin but not this. and I am with everyone else. DownEast is great. I also like the way they fit better than Shade. I like Shade top shirts better, but I like the under layers from DownEast. Good Luck!

Kirsten Treff said...

I know- I couldn't believe it! And was even more bummed out to find that they're out of my size in the shirts I need. I stretched mine out with the pregnancy! But I'm glad for the other comments - I'll check out down east basics!

Christy said...

I use down east basics and mollysclothing.com. At Molly's clothing I like their under shirt that is called the mini molly -wear it more than my down east under shirts.

pandorasbox said...

I have gotten the cutest tops from Victoria Secret's catalogue recently...they have some cute stuff that was pretty inexpensive. Another one of my favorite places to buy clothes is Newport News and of course...cruise Kohl's and Jc Penney's sale racks..

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

I was super sad to hear the news as well! i actually dont like down east undershirts because the neckline somehow always gets stretched out and when I bend over you can see pretty much everything... or that could just be because im pretty flat chested :)Either way, I dont love the undershirts but I hope they work for you!

Jamie said...

I was surprised too, but I think it's because they're over priced. Especially when Downeast has them for way cheaper and better quality. But I just discovered a cute little kiosk in the mall called half tees and I love it. They are basically like a shade, but cut in half, with an elastic...so kind of like a sports bra, but a shirt too! Love them, but wish they were cheaper too...am I cheap or what??