Friday, June 11, 2010

My Mother's Day Gift

**I posted this a little while ago but removed it b/c it had my address on the door in one photo. I planned on editing the photo so you couldn't see it, but then we got a new computer (which is GREAT btw) and I'm still figuring things out. I have a whole 15 month update for Max post ready to go, but I haven't been able to dump photos from my camera for it also b/c of our new computer. So here is this post again without the photo that showed my address.**


was a screen door! I LOVE it! Jared came home the Saturday before and said he was going to buy me new rainbow sandals or a screen door, I said SCREEN DOOR please! Now I can open the door and get the breeze flowing without worrying about Max running out and trying to go down the stairs. I'm also thinking it will help a little during the hottest/humidist months coming up, July, August and September. No central A/C here people, I guess the ocean breeze is supposed to cut it, but last summer it certainly did not! 80 degrees with the humidity here is about as much as I can handle, I'm more tolerant of the 99 degrees and dry as a bone I grew up with. But I'm better prepared for it this summer and know what to expect, and I have a little beach lovin' buddy to play in the waves with all summer, we'll beat the heat together.
Big THANK YOU to my father in law, Dave, for helping Jared install it, he was a life saver.
Max was fascinated by the power drill, just pointing and watching. But he kept backing up against the wall, wouldn't get too close.


**sorry no more picture of the finished product . . .maybe later!**

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay for screen doors!! And Jonathan has SUCH a fascination with tools, too. It starts so young. :)