- He loves to point at different things in books. He will read a book to himself and just point to things and he makes up a sound to go along with what he's pointing with. He always whispers it though, so cute!
- His Grandma White gave him a big book with different scenes in it like Town, Farm, Park . . etc and all the things are labeled. Max LOVES it, he turns the pages and points everything out - especially the CARS! He says "Cah" He knows where all of them are on every page. If a page doesn't have a car on it, he'll turn it.
- He waves and will sometimes say "Ba Ba" for bye-bye. I've heard him wave and say "hiii" just once or twice so far.
- Whenever anything crashes or makes a loud noise he says "Whoa!" or he'll drag it out "Whoooooa" I'm counting this as his first official word, it's the first one he'd repeatedly say and I knew he knew what it meant.
- Although he's been saying dada and mama since around 6 months, he really knows it is our names now. When he hears keys at the door he points and says "dada". Or in the morning when we're downstairs and Jared turns the shower on he points to the stairs and says "dada". For the past two mornings I wake up to him in his crib saying "mamamamma". He also says it when he wants to be picked up, it just melts my heart.
- He's also saying "No" but it's more like "nanana" He says this when I'm feeding him something he doesn't want or when I offer him a drink and he doesn't want it.
- Now that he can point to what he wants he thinks he'll automatically get it! Sorry Max but I'm not giving you the salt shaker or a little box of nails just because you can point to it! It's great though when he wants a drink or a toy he can't reach.
- We can also ask him questions and he'll point the answers like "where's mommy?" or "where's daddy?" or "where are the cars?" (points out the window and says "cah").
- My all time favorite though is that in the past week or so we can ask him "Where's Jesus?" and he points to the picture of Jesus in his room, last Sunday he even pointed to it and said "Je!".
- We're working on being able to point to parts of my face like "Where's mommy's teeth, eyes, nose . . .etc."
9 comments:
Awww!! He's SO cute!! Isn't it funny that babies have fun, no matter what? A couple of eggs will do the trick. :-) Have a wonderful Easter, celebrating Je!! Haha!
I have been one of the few to hear him say hi and it was adorable!! He is growing up so fast!
Oh man, Max'll be all grown up before I get to meet him!
I LOVE the first words, and they way you've explained what he does with them (rather than just listing them). And he's just SO DANGED CUTE in the pictures! :-)
What a DARLING little dude! Oh, I'm positive that his little smile cheers up everyone around him.
He's so smart too! What a great little talker :)
I can't wait to see him talking on Easter...If he is anything like his dad once he started talking he never stopped...:-)
Oh Emily, you should be so proud! What a smart little boy. Grace isn't saying any words yet! :( Way to go Max!
I hope max feels better! Your family fed me yesterday they rock!
I love his smile in that first picture! He looks so happy. What a fun thing to do for Easter! Definetely one of our favorites.
Post a Comment