Monday, March 29, 2010

Walking!

Yes, the rumors are true, our little guy is WALKING. Max started taking one or two steps the weekend before his birthday. I thought he would be off within a couple days, like when he started crawling, but he's taken it slow. For a while he would take between 10-15 steps and I'd see him eye something far away and go longer distances to reach it. The other day at the park he walked 37 steps in a row! He's getting really good and will often choose walking over cruising. I've been trying to get some good video, this is the best I have so far (at least with the camera that I can upload to my blog). You can kind of see the progression, the second one has the most steps. The videos still work even though blogger videos appear black these days.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Jonathan did a similar thing--it was about a month inbetween his first steps and when he actually started using walking. It was kind of just a trick for a while, and then one day, it just clicked! It's like he realized that this was faster, and boom! I was so tired that first week, then I got used to it :)

Anne Wright said...

Emily,

Thanks for posting these videos. :) I can't believe Max is actually walking! He is so cute, and is growing up so fast.

I love you,

Anne

M said...

Wow, 37 steps and I'd say he's got it! I'd be jealous, but at the same time I'm glad that J is holding off until I finish my quals...three more days til round one! *crosses fingers that baby will not walk until process is finished*

Jean said...

That is SO AWESOME!! Wow! He's totally walking now!! What a cutie!!

Kat Clark said...

I love that you know exactly how many steps he took in a row at the park. You are a cute mom for sure!

Stephanie said...

Yeah! He is so cute! How exciting. I love the way kids walk. It always reminds me how much our muscles do work even while walking to keep steady.

Angie said...

Woo hoo! Go Max! He's so cute. I can't believe he's old enough to walk already. It makes him seem so much older to see him walking. Crazy!

Katie Cash Davis said...

So cute! What a big boy!!

Rachel said...

So cute!