Thursday, March 11, 2010

1st Birthday Party

I had the cutest little slideshow with all the pictures from Max's birthday weekend. It had a song to go along with it and everything! But either Picasa or my computer is not cooperating so I posted all the photos on facebook, and here are just a few highlights. I hope you can see them all on facebook though! It was such a fun day. I was looking forward to it and was probably more excited than Max!

I wanted to do a Monkey theme for the party since Max was born! We had a block party and invited the neighborhood, we had a great turn out! We kept it simple just serving cake, cookies and bananas, played music and had a pinata! I found this cake online searching google images for "monkey cake" and used that for Max's cake, it was so easy! The monkey face cut-out I whipped out one night before the party. I had some butcher paper kicking around from when I worked at the elementary school and wanted to use it for something.
THANKS ALL WHO COULD COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

I really can't believe how grown up he is. I just love his happy smiling face and how he reaches for me in his crib when I come to get him. I love kissing his soft cheeks. I love making him laugh, dancing around the room never fails! He still loves to be held around the house, but sometimes I just have to put him down so I'll turn on music and dance around while I clean up, or pack the diaper bag and it always cheers him up. Even though he's a whole year old I still see glimpses of his newborn face sometimes, when he's sleeping or occasionally when he's crying. He was lucky the weekend of his birthday to get his first taste of cake, chocolate, cookies, Popsicles and guacamole! Thanks for a wonderful year, we love you Maxwell!

11 comments:

pandorasbox said...

Meridith was telling me how she and Max are best buds! Glad to hear that he likes the little Retro TV Music box I found...

Lisa said...

I'm so impressed with your cake! And possibly even more impressed with how much that little boy just dug in there :) So cute! Happy Birthday, Max!!

Cam and Josie said...

Love the cute monkey theme! Can't believe he's one!

Teresa W said...

I love the monkey theme! Your hair is so cute! I love the color!

Jean said...

Yaaaay!! What a perfect birthday! The cakes are beautiful!! I LOVE the monkey theme - that is so adorable. I think those cake-eating pics are among the best ever. :-)

Unknown said...

WOW! One already! I can hardly believe it!

Hope said...

I can't believe I missed all the fun! The party looks so cute; how creative are you!?! The cake is adorable. And everything is monkey--themed. I love it! :)

Angie said...

SUCH a cute party! I love it! Fun theme and I love the pic of Max with his hands in the destroyed cake. he looks like he's in 7th heaven. :)

Stephanie said...

He looks so happy eating his cake! Happy Birthday Max.

HegstromPrattFamily said...

Happy Birthday, Max! What a fun, happy party and a talented Mom. I love the header photo with your red cons--really cute!

Rachel said...

How cute to have a monkey theme. Max is growing up so fast! What an adorable little guy.