Saturday, June 27, 2009

One year ago . . .

June 24, 2008

I had a suspicion, and I'd had enough of spending $$ on pregnancy tests so I headed down to my Dr.'s office for "Free Pregnancy Testing Tuesdays". I had my hopes up a little but was trying not to be too excited for fear of a let down. They called my name, I went back to the lab, got the nurse what she needed then sat down on the bench next to another girl/lady who'd just done the same thing. She was wearing a lot of makeup I remember. We didn't say anything to each other. For what seemed like an eternity we waited, a nurse came in, did my test, did the other girls test. More waiting. All the while I'm trying to convince myself not to be sad. Nurse finally peeked at my test, wrote something on my paper, then did the same with the other girl's test and paper. Picked up the papers, one in each hand, gave the other girls hers first, then mine, just as I was glancing at it to see the word "positive" the nurse said "They are both positive, so, you'll need to go schedule your next appointment up front". "Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh" I kept saying out loud as I reread the word "positive" on the paper. The girl next to me smiles and says "so is this a good thing?" "oh yes yes this is a good thing!" I said, "is it for you?" "um, yeah" she said. We then walked up to the front. "Good luck with everything!" she said to me, "you too!" I said. I then proceeded to try and calm down and focus enough to schedule my first pre-natal appointment and figure out how I was going to tell Jared . . .

and now I'm so blessed to spend my days playing with this cute 4 month old!


19 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

he looks like a bald you right now ;) lol so cute and funny story

Annie said...

I love his round little head and all his rolls. So cute!

Anonymous said...

His smile just melted my heart! His bald head! So cute.

Angie said...

oh my gosh, he is such a cutie. he's so expressive, even though he's just four months he is so smiley! he looks like he's totally posing for the picture. so fun.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

What a sweet post! I wonder if my doctor has a free prego test day like that.. Im so sick of wasting $ on them too! He really does look like exactly like you but bald! What a cutie, and so smiley too!

Megan said...

He is so cute! I enjoyed your story. I've never heard of free pregnancy testing. Well I've got 5 more weeks to go and everyone says I am carrying high. We'll see.

Jamie said...

Love that post...I barely remember finding out when I was preggers. I think one time I was in so much anticipation and had bought a test at Walmart. I couldn't wait to get home, so I found out in the Walmart bathroom that I was pregnant!!!

Katie Cash Davis said...

it's amazing--hearing that story and then seeing the pictures of little max now. he is such a cute little guy.

M said...

He IS a cute four-month-old. Darling, darling. I think he looks more like you than Jared.

shaunie said...

He is such a cute rolly-poly kid!

Lisa said...

Awww, what a sweet story. That is such an exciting/scary/emotional time, trying to get pregnant and wanting to know. And look at the cutie you got! He is seriously a cute cute CUTE little boy--above the rest :)

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

This is so cute. Thanks for sharing

Lilly said...

Hi Emily! I found your blog through the Pomeroy's blog - you have such amazing pictures of Max! He's adorable!

hilary w said...

What a great post! He is SOOO cute!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy that he was able to come and be a part of your family. You definitely deserve it and I can't imagine anyone being more loving than you.

Jean said...

YAAAY!!! What a happy day that was!! He is SO cute! I love those little squishy smiles!!

Tiffany and Ben said...

He looks so much like you. he has your eyes, and he is growing so fast. i'm so happy for you.

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness! Max is so cute! I have not checked blogs for so long and he has gotten so big. Em--I think he looks so much like you. Love you!

Rachel said...

I love hearing stories of when/how people found out they were pregnant. It took us a year of trying before we got pregnant and we were getting pretty fed up with negative after negative result...well, my sister-in-law put in my Christmas stocking some home pregnancy tests and wrote on the box "Here's to a fertile new year!". And guess what! The next time I tested, it was with one of her lucky test strips and we were so excited and relieved to see that + sign!