Tuesday, June 2, 2009

If Our family was on TV . . .

. . . what would the show be called? Em and Jared plus one? One kid and counting, Full Townhome/Apartment? Doesn't sound very catchy . . .oh well!

Being at home with Max these last 3 months have been great, I try to be productive at home as well as get out frequently. But often while feeding Max in the afternoon I flip on the ol' TV. Here is what I've been enjoying lately:

Full House

My old familiar friends, waiting just around the bend! It's on in the middle of the day on abc Family. In Elementary school my friend Jenny and I would look forward to coming home from school and playing until Full House was on at 5 o'clock. We'd switch off whose house we'd watch it at. It is SO funny to watch it now, 15 years later! I remember thinking Becky was so pretty and that DJ was so cool b/c she had a boyfriend! (gotta love the clothes too, check out Kimmy's shirt in this picture!)

18 Kids and Counting
Oh I just get a kick out of the Duggars. 18 kids, the mom delivered ALL of them. There are only 2 sets of twins. They live in Arkansas, home schooled, very conservative, I'm not quite sure what religion they are. The older kids really help take care of the younger ones, I think I would've gone crazy as a teen in that family, but you know, it works for them. The little kids are pretty cute. Their oldest son got married and they made a big deal on the show that he didn't kiss his fiance until the wedding! Oh and they didn't hold hands until they were engaged, like I said, I just get a kick out of these guys.

John and Kate plus 8
This couple did fertility treatments and had twins, they decided to do it one more time and got sextuplets! 8 kids, two pregnancies! It's just interesting to see how the household runs with so many kids so close in age. The kids are adorable too. I can't really watch the WHOLE episode b/c it gets a little dull, but Kate's personality can be quite entertaining. I know they're all over the tabloids lately, don't know what's true and what's not but it's pretty sad, maybe putting your family on TV in this way probably isn't the best idea in the first place, BUT the show ends up being pretty cute. I should add that Jared absolutely HATES the show and dislikes the idea of letting cameras film your family in your house and using your children to make money. I just think they're cute.

Funny how these three family shows are really nothing like my family! How do you feel about them?

and of course, Wednesdays and Thursdays I look forward to some quality dancing this summer . . .
Coming Up Next: 3 month update on Max! Latest cute thing: Giggling!

10 comments:

Angie said...

i LOVED Full House growing up. Now when I watch it I can't believe how cheesy it is, but it still has a special place in my heart. :) I love the crazy outfits and I love how every episode they have some kind of "tender moment" or talk at the end and the cheesy music plays. Like, Danny gives DJ some kind of great advice or whatnot. Love it.
Haven't really watched the other two, but I'm curious about the family with 18 kids! that is insane!
Glad you're enjoying motherhood so much.

Jared Blanco said...

Someone seriously needs to turn those families in for child exploitation. Might as well start up a sweat shop (which they likely own and operate when they are done filming).

Jean said...

Excellent TV taste! You gotta love that Full House cheese!! I used to love that show when I was a kid too. And you can never go wrong with TLC. I'm so glad that SYTYCD is back on!!

pandorasbox said...

If our family was on TV it would be ADHD central...what did you say again...can you repeat that one more time...how about third times a charm; are you EVEN listening to me?

Oh honey...look at the lovely drawings Jared did on our wallpaper when you were outside watering the plants? who left the permanent marking pen within his 3 year old reach, Oh NO! He has been in the bathroom...look at the bubbles everywhere...oh, isn't he cute...he looks so proud of his mess! Tee Hee...be grateful we weren't on TV

Anonymous said...

NICE CHOICE with Full House. It's mind blowingly hilarious and a great way to revive all those childhood memories. I agree with Angie with those tender moments--cue that music, you know it! And I love So You Think You Can Dance, too! Max is a doll, as always.

Tiff said...

I watch Full House while nursing, as well.

The Duggars are some sort of form of Christianity where you use no form of contraception whatsoever. And there's some book out there written by one of the religious leaders that says something about referring to your children as "blessings." Like, completely replacing the word "children" with "blessings." I read something on the 'net somewhere...

and I LOVE SYTCD! And *spoiler alert* I HATE that they cut Natalie! HATE!

Stephanie said...

Oh the great shows on TV. Full House is such an awesome show. Always will be a favorite.

M said...

I'm inclined to agree with Jared on the Jon and Kate plus 8....though it would be a way to have at least one parent be able to stay home with the kids (which they probably couldn't afford to do otherwise), right?

I've only watched it a couple of times, and maybe I've just always seen Kate's bad side...I'd be scared of her if she was my mom.

pandorasbox said...

I have another novel you can read :-)

Rachel said...

Ah, Full House. I'll agree with Angie about the tender moments and cheesy music. It wouldn't be the same without those at the end of every episode! I used to watch that all the time as a kid. :)