THE BAD . . .
Well, I was SO excited to post my first video today. We received a great video camera for Christmas from Jared's family and were able to purchase an external hard drive with some money my Grandma gave us for Christmas which would allow our computer to have enough memory for the videos. Mostly I was excited to be able to share video with friends and family across the country via the blog when the baby arrives but I thought I'd do a practice run today. I did a little video tour of our apartment and went about taking the steps to post it. I installed all the software that came with the camera, inserted the disc, the video came up on a menu . . .and then my computer crashed. This happened two more times. I was so proud up until this point for having figured it all out myself, but when the computer kept crashing I turned to Jared. He then reminded me that this computer crashes every time we try and play video with Windows Media Player, which is what the camera software is linked to. We've never had issues with Flash and Quicktime, and everything on You Tube works, just not Media Player. In order to fix the problem it would cost money and we'd risk losing a bunch of saved stuff (unless YOU dear reader, have any ideas??)
THE GOOD . . .
Jared took our new external hard drive and connected it to his lap top, we're going to try and install the Camera software to his laptop and save videos through that to the external hard drive and hopefully be able to post them through his laptop, which doesn't crash when we've played videos on media player in the past. (**Note, no pics b/c they're all on the external hard drive which is down stairs with Jared, sorry, boring i know . . .)
THE LOCO . . .
Totally unrelated to all this but not unrelated to what the blog has been about lately . . .I've had pretty normal and common pregnancy symptoms up until now (I'm in my 8th month!). Nothing really worth mentioning. You know, tired, slight nausea, dry skin, head ache, finger nails grow really fast . . .the usual that can all be looked up in the pregnancy books. One thing that I've heard is quite common that I haven't had yet is swelling of the hands and feet. The nurse asks me if I've had any of this as a routine question every time I go in. Last Saturday we came home from an evening at the beach and my feet and ankles really hurt. I thought, well, here we go, swelled up ankles. But they looked normal, I went to bed thinking it would just go away in the morning. I woke up and they still hurt but no swelling. Went to they gym, to work and to Costco and could barely walk, I've never broken my foot but they really felt like the bones were broken. This continued all week! I didn't want to call the doctor, they'd just say rest and that Tylenol was ok. Jared suggested that I wear some real shoes to work. I've been wearing my Rainbow flip flops and Ugg boots and absolutely nothing else. I just feel so constricted in shoes and socks. But it did ease the pain a little. Wednesday came around and it was my first day teaching the Dance Club after school. I hadn't taught a class since June and I was SO excited to be back in my niche. I wasn't at all concerned about this 8 month preggo belly, just my broken feet! Well, I put on shoes with socks, took Tylenol for the 3rd time in my pregnancy, said a prayer and made it through somehow. The class actually was a blast. On Friday at the gym I KNOW I looked funny as I limped home. I already feel like everyone is looking at me anyway, I haven't seen a single other pregnant person at this gym. It's filled with UCI students and the OC Firemen from the station down the street. Finally last night my "broken feet" have begun to feel normal again, so weird. BUT I can't complain. Please please don't think I'm whining. I like being pregnant, I have had it SO easy comparatively . . .and I count my blessings for that. Thanks for reading if you got this far! Hopefully we'll have some video, or at least some pictures soon!
10 comments:
that is strange- you probably pulled a muscle or something in your foot- that happened to me a few years ago and I had to walk on my tip toes for like a month- it is not fun- i have been there.
That is so random!! I wonder what the problem was? At least it's gone now. Yay! And yay for a pretty smooth pregnancy!! That's a great blessing. I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!
One time after I went to the beach and got too much sun my feet swelled up like elephant girl. I was only like 5 months too.
Good luck with the last month!
That is random!! I didn't swell up much--just when I would eat salty or spicy food. And trust me, swelling makes you feel completely unfeminine :)
I can't believe you're 8 months pregnant already!! It has gone by fast for me, anyways :) I want pictures!!
Good luck with the videos. I hate uploading them onto blogger, so that's why I do YouTube. You'll just see what works for you :)
Wow, your pregnancy has flown by! (at least for us readers anyways) My feet didnt swell at all until about 2 weeks before I had Ethan. We were moving apts and I was doing WAY more lifting, washing, cleaning, etc. than I was suppose to and that night my feet swelled so bad and continued to do so until Ethan was born. It looked so funny to have my little ankles next to elephantiasis looking feet! Moral of the story... take it easy in your last weeks!
good shoes and support make all the difference when you are on your feet all day...maybe you should get some inserts for your tennis shoes to give you more support this last month. I am with Jared about ditching the rainbows for now.
I watched all your video clips. First I noticed that we have the exact same key holder. I LOVE that little thing with a mirror and 3 hooks. Who knew it would keep me from lost key heartache. The baby's room is so cute. I can just picture you rocking your little one in that soft chair. You look ready for the little one to come. What a good mom you are.
Wow, that's craziness. I'm glad you're feeling better!
There was a story no channel 2 news here in Utard about how UGGs are bad for your feet because they have no ankle support. Flip flops are the same way. Could just be the shoes. If I get in to UCI I can help with your computer woes.
The 'shaunie' comment was actually Ben...there's no way I could help you with computer problems! :) UC-I did call the other day though, clarifying where he went to community college in CA and if he graduated high school there. They were very excited to find 'yes' to both questions. We're not entirely sure what it meant, but we'll take it as good news for now!
Post a Comment