Sunday, May 4, 2008

SWEET SUCCESS!!

Well, it happend! All our hours and hours of rehearsal, sweat, blood and tears have paid off! I had my final concert at Granite Park this past week. The girls really did fabulous! They are such beautiful girls and, inspite of the drama and stress they bring to my life (like an argument between two dancers that morning), I am going to miss them terribly. I will miss seeing them overcome their fears and realize their potential. I nearly cried during dress rehearsal seeing one of my rather shy and sometimes timid dancers do a beautiful , enormous , powerful leap . Something she could not do just a few months ago. Anyway, here are some of my favorite pics from the show . . .Thanks to my wonderful sister in law. Also, THANK YOU to all my friends and family w ho came and who always support me!Backstage, just before showtime!

more backstage
showtime!

one of my fave shots!
Advanced Dance Officers; Michelle, Candice, Bea, Marissa, Edith














My sweet friend Charlotte, who I have known since I was 7, came to see the show - thank Char! I'm also holding a sign that my girls made for Jared's seat in the audience.
Stage Crew Rocks!
Me with Dad and Jared. I look pretty tired in this one . . . or maybe relieved!

TWO more chances to see us:
May 9, 2008: District Dance Concert 7:00pm @ Olympus High School
May 15, 2008: Fine Arts Assembly 8:00am @ Granite Park Auditorium

9 comments:

pandorasbox said...

Wow, the pix look great!! I wish I could've been there to see the festivities but having the pictures that Jess took make it almost like being there!!! I can't wait to see all the pictures when we can get together this summer. I am sure I will be going up and down the Indy 15 several more times this year!

Love,

P

Lesley said...

Awesome! So many cool costume changes and sweet dance moves! What an accomplishment for all of you! Looks like a great show!

Headle said...

Congratulations Emily!! Wow, you are SOOO creative!! I was so impressed with how much work went into that!

Wow, you are very dedicated and those girls are/were LUCKY to have you as their teacher!!

Now get some much needed rest! :D

Megan said...

Good job Emily! You look like an amazing teacher. I totally wish I could see your girls perform. Good luck with the rest of your performances.

jenniferhoiyin said...

How fun! I know waht you mean about how you felt watching a once shy and timid student grow so much in such a short amount of time! I have one exactly like that and I was so proud of her! Teaching is so rewarding that way.

Thanks for coming over to check up on us! I actually wasn't ever a student teacher, just a modern dance grad. As for summer plans, teaching as much as I can at camps and the Boys & Girls Club. I love that place.
What about you? Good luck with your performances, how exciting!

Tara said...

Congrats! Gotta love teaching Jr. High...its such a love/hate relationship! (I taught at Mountain Ridge last year)

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

Emily the Concert really was Awesome. I had to keep telling myself that they are only in Middle School. I am sure that it is mostly due to there wonderful teacher. I am sure that they have taught you a little too. Teenage girls have a way of adding a little extra drama to life but you have to love them. We were all there once upon a time. I want you to know that I love you and will support you in all the dreams you choose to live.

SNHP said...

You look pretty in all the pictures you are in!!!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

COngratulations! I looks like the concert was more than a success...it looked awesome! I am sure you have done more than put an amazing concert together, it sounds like you have really touched these girls lives. I'm so proud of you!