I'm actually going to Saturday School tomorrow at work. It's really for students who need to make up grades but since the school will be open my dancers and I are going to take advantage of that and use the 5 hours to learn the opening dance for our show on April 30th. So I'm sitting here listening to Rob Thomas "Little Wonders" and going over my choreography. The theme for our show is "the power of words". The choreographers had to think of one word that their dance would be based around. For example, Love, Forgiveness, Strength, Regret, Red, Trust, to name a few that my students have chosen. So this dance I'm teaching tomorrow is based around the word "Miracles". I've seen miracles come in my life in the smallest ways and at the most frustrating moments and sometimes it takes hours and hours of hard work to create the most meaningful experiences in life. Then there are other blessings that come in the things that just happen without planning or work or anticipation. . . .anyway, this is what my dance is about. Whether my 12,13, 14 and 15 year old dancers will understand this, i don't know but there is no better way to express it for me than through dance! Here are a couple random Granite Park Dance Pics . . .
Friday, March 14, 2008
Recent Happenings and Thoughts. . .
Last Sunday we celebrated our nephew Warren's 8th birthday and our niece Julia's 6th birthday. I just love them so much and am going to miss them terribly when we move. It is so fun seeing them grow up. Being an aunt is great !
Beautiful cupcakes made by Becky, probably with help from her kids.
Grandma Wright with the kiddos
Jared, my two sisters Anne and Becky, baby Eliza and Dad
Annie, Julia and I all had on black leggings, totally by accident. Aren't we adorable?
The other day, hmm I think it was Tuesday, I came home to beautiful Spring flowers from my husband for no reason at all! How sweet is that? I kind of feel sad while I'm writing this because Jared is actually gone for the weekend to BYU Idaho with the Play (see post below). I miss him! It's only one night and we spent a month apart in the summer of July 2006 but it's still no fun.
I'm actually going to Saturday School tomorrow at work. It's really for students who need to make up grades but since the school will be open my dancers and I are going to take advantage of that and use the 5 hours to learn the opening dance for our show on April 30th. So I'm sitting here listening to Rob Thomas "Little Wonders" and going over my choreography. The theme for our show is "the power of words". The choreographers had to think of one word that their dance would be based around. For example, Love, Forgiveness, Strength, Regret, Red, Trust, to name a few that my students have chosen. So this dance I'm teaching tomorrow is based around the word "Miracles". I've seen miracles come in my life in the smallest ways and at the most frustrating moments and sometimes it takes hours and hours of hard work to create the most meaningful experiences in life. Then there are other blessings that come in the things that just happen without planning or work or anticipation. . . .anyway, this is what my dance is about. Whether my 12,13, 14 and 15 year old dancers will understand this, i don't know but there is no better way to express it for me than through dance! Here are a couple random Granite Park Dance Pics . . .

I'm actually going to Saturday School tomorrow at work. It's really for students who need to make up grades but since the school will be open my dancers and I are going to take advantage of that and use the 5 hours to learn the opening dance for our show on April 30th. So I'm sitting here listening to Rob Thomas "Little Wonders" and going over my choreography. The theme for our show is "the power of words". The choreographers had to think of one word that their dance would be based around. For example, Love, Forgiveness, Strength, Regret, Red, Trust, to name a few that my students have chosen. So this dance I'm teaching tomorrow is based around the word "Miracles". I've seen miracles come in my life in the smallest ways and at the most frustrating moments and sometimes it takes hours and hours of hard work to create the most meaningful experiences in life. Then there are other blessings that come in the things that just happen without planning or work or anticipation. . . .anyway, this is what my dance is about. Whether my 12,13, 14 and 15 year old dancers will understand this, i don't know but there is no better way to express it for me than through dance! Here are a couple random Granite Park Dance Pics . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yeah! good to see you and i am glad you found me. you look so happy and like you are loving what you are doing! stay in touch!
When John and I first started dating he once sent me flowers and wrote, "Just because it's Tuesday." on the card. He still gets brownie points for it (although I don't think it was originally his idea).
I love your inspiration for that dance! It's going to be amazing.
Emily-
These pictures are SOO CUTE!! All I have to say, is those girls you teach dance to are INCREDIBLY LUCKY to have YOU as their teacher. I love the themes of the dances, its so inspirational :)
You are such a sweetie :)
What a wonderful husbadn! Flowers for no reason!?!?!
SO have you guys made any decisions about school?
Hey, that's Dr. Wright! I had him for two of my engineering math classes. I really liked him. How are you related? -Scott
Post a Comment