Sunday, September 30, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Here are a few questions I was tagged with, see if you know the answers before you read them!

I've been tagged

1.Where did you meet your husband?
We met at the wonderful, luxurious, Roman Gardens apartments at the beginning of my sophomore year at BYU. Ha ha, I first remember Jared as the dude that was always skateboarding outside. Then he became my roommates home teacher, then his friend was dating my friend who was also my roommate so that brought him over a lot (Marc and Michelle also got married!). He was friends with all of us in my apt. I first remember actually hanging out with him on Halloween after a ward party.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I don't have a clue, maybe a "hey" as I passed him skateboarding in the parking lot

3. Where was your first date?
We totally disagree as to when our first date actually was. Jared says it was over Christmas break when he came back early from CA to work and asked me to go to Lord of the Rings 3 with him, his friends Brandon and Chase and Chase's girlfriend. I paid for myself, and he just asked if i wanted to go like as a group, totally not a date in my mind. I say our first date was a couple weeks later. He took me to Mi Ranchito and then met up with another couple to see School of Rock (my now all-time favorite movie!). In this instance he scheduled it about a week before, paid for everything, and snuggled with me at the movie.

4. Where was your first kiss?
On my oh so lovely couch in apartment 342 of Roman Gardens. It was on Athenas birthday, after her party where we made a cool pinata that was supposed to look like her. . . but i guess that is another story.

5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Courtship was technically about 4 months, engagement was 3.5, I guess most people would consider that short, but those last couple weeks before we got married went by so slow!!

6. Where did you get engaged?
In Salt Lake City, in front of the temple where we later were married! It was right by that little pedestal across the lawn, where couples stand to get pictures. Jared had this fabulous day planned out for us up in Salt Lake that ended with me getting a ring on my finger!

7. Where did you get married?
Salt Lake City, UT temple, we call this our bride of frankenstein picture!



8. How did the reception go?
BOTH of them were awesome! Thanks to the work of our amazing moms and help from all the family. The one in Provo was at the Academy Square Ballroom and in CA it was in the White's backyard. . . i got to have an indoor and outdoor one!

9. How was the honeymoon?
It was awesome! We went on a cruise to Mexico and Belize, It was so great to just be together and start our lives together.

Now I'm supposed to tag people, lets see, how about if you've read this, consider yourself tagged! I'd love to hear about any one of you!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Well, YOU look gorgeous, Emily. :)

Lisa said...

I'm not sure if I'm actually tagged by a non-committal tag like that... :) I love the picture and I didn't know that Jared skateboards??

Jean said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest picture ever!! I love when people have wacky wedding pictures, in addition to the really elegant ones. I'm so glad you guys have a blog -- thanks for letting us know!! We totally miss you!! Glad to hear that things are going well in Provo. And you can totally link to our blog -- no prob! :-)