It happened! My baby turned one on December 19, 2013! Dylan is one of those magic babies. Even though 2013 brought on a few challenges for our family (recovering from childbirth while Jared was sick, parenting three littles, two surgeries, RSV, Jared being diagnosed with psoriasis don't worry he is ok now. . . whew!) Dylan is a little ray of sunshine in our family and his bright smile and calming patience makes our home a happy place!
Good morning! I am one today!
Max went off to Preschool that day, Sean, Dylan and I took a break from getting the house ready for the party and went to the playground, but we got caught in a down pour of rain! We huddled together under the playground and I snapped this one.
I've always done a theme for my boys first birthdays that coordinated with the first letter of their name (Max - Monkey, Sean - Sailboat) Since Dylan starts with D we had a "Doggie" birthday! We kept things simple. I really wanted to remember Dylan's birth in a simple and sweet way, and Christmas was just 6 days away!.
A banner, some balloons and a cake made our home into "party central" haha. The balloons were a big hit.
found this cute one of just Max and Sean from that evening.
Attempts to get a photo of all three boys, usually turns into a squishy Dylan sandwich!
so much love . . .
A happy face with Grandma! She gives more gentle hugs ;)
I love this one of me and him that evening. . .my little finger sucker.
I found him this little soft doggie at Ikea . . .Sean has claimed it as his now, oh boy!
Max and Sean gave Dylan his OWN Lightning McQueen and Mater. We don't have three of very many toys but Lightning and Mater and one of those things that each boy needs his OWN of! Our Disney Cars toys get played with every day!
My boys have great Auntie's! Thanks for coming Jess and Meri!
Doggie Cake (I love making cakes for my kiddos but keeping with the "simple" theme, I ordered and picked it up at Albertson's a couple blocks away!)
He loved the singing! He knew it was for him.
little bite. . .
He loves it!
the next day we brought his left over cake to the playground and had a little neighborhood party with the gang. He wore his doggie hat the whole time!
Ev and Jilly adore Dylan! He is one lucky little boy to have such great friends.
I encouraged everyone to pile in the pool for a picture, I love all of these photos!
Mommy and Daddy sure love you baby Dylan! We have cherished your first year and look forward to the next!
2 comments:
So cute Em! Can't believe he's 1. Love and miss you!
Love it Emily! What a good looking family. :)
Post a Comment