Saturday, September 8, 2007

Let the Good Times Roll . . .



Happy Autumn Everyone, well i know that it's not quite Fall yet, but hey it may as well be with school starting and everything. Jared's first week of the semester was great and Emily now only has 172 days left of her second year of teaching! Ha ha, i'm really not counting down yet, but it's been fun starting up again at Granite Park because now i have a better sense of what i'm doing and what to expect from the students. This past week was a little weird because of the big storm in Salt Lake County on Tuesday night. I got to school Wednesday morning and . . . no power! The dance room has no windows, just one door to the outside i prop open sometimes, but it was still pitch dark. We just hung around in the gym until noon when they let the kids go home. Of course, the power finally came back on just a half an hour after the kids left, but oh well! It gave me an excuse to run to the Gateway and stop at Anthropology to splurge on a cute new bath mat to match our some what re done bathroom. Anyway, I'm trying to get into this blogging thing, i know this pic is an old one, but its one of my favs.

2 comments:

Cam and Josie said...

Hey Em! Cute blog! I'm SO glad you have one now! It's so good to check in and see what you are up to. I'm visiting Utah in October, so I will be calling you soon!

Lesley said...

Emily,

I found your blog through Lisa B.'s new blog... it is fun to see what you are up to! Are you guys still in Wymount?

Love,

Lesley Larson scottandlesley.blogspot.com